1280x500?access token=pk.eyj1ijoic3rvd2jvdc1jbg93zgvyiiwiysi6imnpcwixcnzynjawogvpm25zm3nla252bweifq

The original Port of Warrenpoint, consisting of a wet dock and piers, was constructed in the late 1770s by Roger Hall, Robert Ross and Isaac Corry with the assistance of £500 of public funds. In 1919 the heirs of Roger Hall sold the Port to John Kelly and Sons for the sum of £16,000. John Kelly continued to operate the Port until 1971 when it was sold to Warrenpoint Harbour Authority for £369,000. The Port was substantially enlarged with an initial total investment of approximately £6.7million to create the modern Port. Until 1971 Warrenpoint Port acted as a lightering port for the Port of Newry and jointly these ports handled approximately half a million tonnes of cargo annually. Subsequently the modern Warrenpoint Port has handled 5 times as much cargo on an annual basis.

Rank by import value 2016 (£)

68th

Import value 2016 (£)

£28M

Rank by export value 2016 (£)

Export value 2016 (£)

£0

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more